Monday, June 09, 2008

ROY’S BIRTHDAY….

 

Today was a pretty special day, many of you who are regular readers have heard me talk about Roy, tomorrow is his birthday so it was decided that we would help him celebrate a day earlier.

 

A little background information, I met Roy many years ago whilst I was working in the restaurant and he and his partner Eileen, became really good friends to me, like a Mum and Dad.  Over the years Roy started to suffer the first stages of dementia until he was placed in a wonderful care facility almost two and a half years ago.  Sadly now his short term memory is almost non-existent but he still remembers days of his early past.

 

I worked with Roy for nearly  five years five days a week five hours a day and in all of that time he was always the very same, smiling, happy and a lovely attitude and he is still the same today.  Sadly he doesn’t remember any of us but he does a good job of making believe that he does.

 

Eileen and her sister in law Irene, try saying those two names quickly!!!, and I decided we would visit today and have a little birthday party.  Roy looked really good and he really has not changed still smiling and happy.  We had tea and dessert and just chatted for well over one hour.

 

Check out the smile in the eyes of each of them..

Eileen in blue and Irene on Roy’s right!!

ppppp 002 This is one of my favourite photos now on my blog!!!!!!

Roy was always a ladies man and he looks so happy with his girls around him.

HAPPY 81ST BIRTHDAY  ROY!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...