Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Well my last USA post for a while..I am in the library in Marysville, Washington, the home of the dealership where Ramona is going at 7.30am tomorrow.

It was an uneventful trip here along the big interstate highway 5 and I took the by pass around Seattle.

I have very mixed emotions about going home and I think it may take me a day or two to get my bearings and re-adjust. I have had a magnificent journey that has lasted 149 days and I cannot praise Ramona enough, she did everything I asked of her and my stay has been most comfortable and relaxing.

I have met up with some of my friends along the road and that was just great. So nice to see familiar faces in unfamiliar surroundings. I have also made some new friendships along the way, people that I hope I shall meet again one day in my travels.

This blog has been a great source of joy to me. I have really enjoying taking the photographs and I know my writing leaves a lot to be desired. I tried to include information about the places I was seeing, some humour and some personal stuff. The feedback I get is tremendous and I am so glad that so many people have joined me on my journey through the blog. Thanks also to Chris back home in Nanaimo who is “my editor” and a tough one at that!!!!! He did a remarkable job of my last year’s blog putting it in order and onto a DVD and he will no doubt do the same fine job this year.

Thank you for all the e mails they meant the world to me and on those lonely nights hundreds of miles away so nice to see my inbox with incoming messages, thank you!!!

I go back to Nanaimo happy, refreshed, tanned (although loosing that fast in this cold weather). I think I have a lead on a suite to rent for the summer and the other job is to buy a small car.

I have some plans for the summer including soccer tournaments to attend in both BC and Washington State. I intend to get my kayak wet, meet with friends and start planning my next trip only SIX MONTHS AWAY!!!!!!

I will keep up the blog but not every day so please check back in once in a while and have a wonderful, safe, happy and healthy summer, blessings and PURA VIDA!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...