Monday, April 21, 2008

All moved into my lovely apartment today and it is just what I need. A fabulous self-contained, furnished one-bedroom apartment, in a lovely area and the owners who live above are a wonderful couple and this is home for me now until October.

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon moving my things in and in the afternoon I was invited to an open house and afternoon tea at the facility where my great friend and buddy Ken lives. Ken and I have spent hours together and you have heard me talk about him and his special and incredibly nice family, so I was privileged to be invited to go to the tea and it was lovely.

Afterwards I went to the facility where my other wonderful friend and buddy, Roy, resides and spent about 30 minutes with Roy. I showed him Ramona and of course he wanted to take her for a drive!!! Roy is still so funny.

Both these gentlemen and I mean that in the true sense of the word have made a great impact on me. Roy and I were together most days for nearly six years and he never once was anything but smiling, funny and happy. Ken and I have spent time together now nearly three years and a more decent man you could not find. I feel honoured to call both these men my friend, mentor and father figure.

Then it was off to another friends house for a lovely home cooked meal. I know I sound like a broken record but I have so many wonderful friends!!!! They open their hearts, their home and their lives to me, I am so lucky.

I don’t have Internet in my new place but I am hoping within a couple of days someone with much more technical knowledge than myself will be able to tell me a way I can connect. So until I do I am using the library of going to Internet places to post.

I had a good day and I hope you did too, blessings and thank goodness that pretty, but nasty white stuff is almost gone and I am looking forward to reffing my first soccer game tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...