Sunday, May 13, 2007

The blog is back again!!!!! A bit of personal history so the stories and pictures of the next few days make sense. I left Bermuda in 1980 when I got married and we moved to a small Alberta town called Smoky Lake where my ex’s brother sponsored us and we lived here and I worked for him as a manager of his grocery store. Shortly after the marriage failed and I lost my job in the store, I divorced and my ex left town and I stayed on and bought my own small grocery store and had a thriving business until I left in 1993 and moved to Nanaimo. That is the condensed version. Always wanted to come back to visit and here I am. It was a long drive over 13 hours and I am now staying with the same lady that I was renting an apartment from when I lived her, she is a great lady and the mother to my best friend and his wife from Kelowna (where I am going next week). So the stories and photos for the next few days will be from here. Some of the scenes from my drive through Jasper and the mountains, the views were just as incredible as some of those I saw in my journey last month. That animal I think is a moose, or maybe an elk, I am sure I shall hear from somebody who can indentify it. The weather for the drive was very sunny and warm and I am looking forward to my visits with people I haven’t seen for a long time.
Saturday morning and I went for a walk around town at 7am..the blue building grocery store is where I was manager for a few years, then my store was the #7 Food Mart. I had that sign made and it seems the business is still going strong. Some of the lovely churches in town and of course the pumpkins as Smoky Lake is the pumpkin capitol of .Alberta

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...