Thursday, June 09, 2022

Thursday 9 th June 2022…boys hiking day!!

Boys day out!!!


This morning and over lunch Janet was going with some of her girl friends to a garden centre for snacks and a visit and Malc and I took a day trip over to the Yorkshire moors for a day of hiking….


The weather was good and after an hours drive we stopped at the small village Thornton le Dale and walked around …..rated as one of the best villages in England!!











Afterwards we arrived at our destination The Hole of Horcum……it is a five mile circular hike into The Valley and around the edge of the hole and back…










Great views along the way very friendly sheep and just a lovely three hour hike!!!
















Janet cooked another one of her amazing dinners…….


Now a little story…..yesterday I said I would buy dessert for the three of us and I went into the village to the delightful bakery to buy three vanilla slices, which are totally unhealthy but scrumptious……when I asked for three the lady told me in her thick Yorkshire brogue…”Luv if tha buys four it’s cheaper than buying three” So I bought four……


Last night with our tea we each ate one which is not easy as the custard  squeezes out of the side when you munch down on it….





Anyway I think you get that the three of us are hooked on Wordle and it had been a sort of daily competition which I must say Janet seems to come out on top….


So I said why doesn’t the winner of Wordle today get the last vanilla slice and it was agreed.


This morning I was a tad upset when it took me six tries and on the final attempt got the word…..





When we came back from the hike and would you believe that I think for the first time ever Janet did not manage to get the word…..so now it was down to Malc…….tensions were running high and Malc did not want to be disturbed as he pondered over his I-Pad……I was waiting in the wings hoping he would not get the word and on five attempts he had three of the letters in the right order so he had one chance  to guess the last two and lo and behold the word he chose was the wrong one…I was a winner…another vanilla slice coming my way with tea tonight🤪🤪🤪

Of course I am going to share with them!!!!


I know what most of you are thinking all that over a cake!!!!!


Good day for the steps!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!! 

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...