Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Tuesday 29 th September 2020..Day 226!!!!

Just a beautiful day at least 24 degrees and perfect for my last day of tennis....the same foursome that played yesterday played for an hour before the others came.


I told them I would bring beer and donuts and it was so special to see that every member of the group showed up...sometimes we only get 8 or 9 players.








We had great fun and they were so nice to me and presented me with this T shirt with this on the front...





And this on the back...





And another member wrote and read out this poem..



...


It has been a wonderful experience to meet these people and play tennis as often as it wanted!!!


This afternoon was all about doing chores and getting Blaze ready for her winter hibernation.....here she is all settled in!!!!!





Heather cooked a special and wonderful turkey dinner and afterwards we watched more of our show....we still have three episodes to watch so we will have to watch those on our own.


So six months and eighteen days later I get ready to leave this amazing family tomorrow.......of course Boomer has been the icing on the cake!!!






I leave Vancouver Airport at 11.30 pm tomorrow evening..stay tuned!!


stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, take care on your travels. No doubt, you have been shopping to buy anything (like additional masks, hand cleaner, and handy wipes) which may be scarce in San Miguel. Also, I remember when you were always looking for your favorite tea. Ha! Was it Rose Tea? It's tough when there is only so much you can carry in your backpack and carry-on luggage. From what I am reading, inside of the airports seem to be more of a threat in this pandemic than inside of the planes because the airlines are cleaning the planes at a more frequent pace. United is even giving "rapid tests" for Covid with 15-minute turn around time for results before you board the plane. Let us all know what is going on when you get to San Miguel; I'm sure life will be a little different for a while. It sure is different here in the states.

mexicokid said...

Thank you so much will email you..take care les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...