Saturday, September 26, 2020

Saturday 26th September 2020..Day 222!!!

Totally different day today...Boomer and I took off just before 9am heading for the west coast town and beaches of Tofino......





It is a lovely drive and the weather was changeable with some great views....





We stopped here to stretch our legs......








This is all the rage in Europe but not so much here...people just leave locks in public places..














Arrived in Tofino ...





The main reason to come here was to walk the wild and sometimes wet and windy beaches....


We chose Chesterman beach which is 3 km long...we walked up and down and it was a great time for Boomer even though he had to stay on the leash..














many surfers enjoying the waves...








Look somebody knows I am going to Mexico..










Really enjoyed this walk and especially because as soon as we got to the car the rains started.


I drove through the small busy town but did not stop except to go down to the local dock and parked and had some lunch.....


The drive back was typical west coast, heavy rain, sunshine, fog......


Now something happened to me on the drive back that I have never experienced before and know I never will and perhaps none of you will ever either.....


Part of the section of the road is under heavy construction and they have closed one lane....so the wait to pass along this section can be long but we got lucky and it was only a few minutes.....


So I was driving very slowly on this narrow section with absolutely no where to stop or pull over and vehicles behind me......I came around a bend and right there in front of me on the road was the end of a ðŸŒˆ rainbow.......I could not believe it and I drove right through it....totally amazing...who can say they have touched by a rain bow???


We arrived home at 6 pm and it was a really lovely  day!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I guess the pot of gold was at the other end… Chesterman beach is beautiful.

mexicokid said...

I guess...but it was just such a wonderful experience being so close to this natural beauty...yes the beach is lovely..take care les

Kris said...

One day, about 30 years ago, I was driving from Sarnia to London, in Southern Ontario. Almost back to London, there was the strangest thunderstorm I have ever seen. It was raining so hard it was difficult to see, then so sunny that it was blinding. This repeated continuously for 20-30 minutes, with traffic slowed due to conditions. Every time the sun broke through, there were rainbows everywhere, and we all drove through dozens of ends of rainbows. It was the most spectacular and eerie weather events I have ever seen, and as you said, most people will never experience it.

mexicokid said...

Yes we are lucky to have witnessed such an event..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...