Monday, March 05, 2018

Monday 5th March 2018.......it could only happen to me!!!!!

Ok here goes...........

About three months ago I went I to the large grocery store for supplies and whilst walking around the pharmacy  section I remembered I needed lip balm......I did not have my glasses with me but I saw one that was strawberry flavored and I put it in my shopping cart.....I continued shopping and thought I may as well put some balm on my lips.....so I opened the package making sure to put the package in my cart and opened the balm and it smelled great and it was also red...I lathered my lips and continued shopping.....I met a few folks that I knew a little and said hello but them seemed to rush off without talking to me.....I waited in line at the check out and noticed a couple of people looking at me but I thought when you are a hunk like me it happens often(I wish).....

My turn to load the groceries on the counter not forgetting to put the package from the lip balm on the counter too......the cashier looked at me and sort of smiled...sort of.....I paid for my groceries and tipped the young kid who bagged them quite well...she just stared at me.......

Outside loaded the bags into Little Bluey gave the parking lot guy a few pesos he tanked me and smiled at me.....

Got in the car put it in reverse and looked in the rear view mirror and almost fell out the car.........

I discovered that not only was the lip balm I bought strawberry flavored...strawberry colored......it also went on my lips bright strawberry red!??????

Needless to say did not dare go out the rest of the week!!!!!!

Why am I telling you this ???    

Well because I topped that today!!!!!

I went to the gym this morning and had on my new sunglasses and I have a strap which goes around my neck so I do not lose them...had a great workout session and when I left the gym put on my glasses and walked half a mile on a busy street to where Carolyn was picking me up to play tennis....

I got in her car she smiled at me and said hello and started to drive off......after a few seconds she asked me if I needed to borrow some money?

Strange question I said no thanks why....she said I thought you might want to buy some sun glasses....
I told her I had just bought these a few days ago.....

She smiled at me again and said put the visor down and look in the mirror and I did!?????

This is me in the garden and taken with my new iPad ....



This is also of me taken with my new iPad and how I walked around town this morning!?????

I had no idea my lens was broken no idea at all.....

I don't think will go out for the rest if the day!!!


I would like to tell you that I posted this on my new iPad. ....but alas not true...they have changed the format on blogger and I have no idea how to get a photo from my iPad  on to the blogger...an anybody help with that????

Yashi Koshi!???

8 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, the following information came from my son:

If you want to edit your post on your iPad, you will have to use Safari to access www.blogger.com (or whatever your favorite browser is). That will open the full desktop Blogger site. You can then choose to edit your post, tap the Insert Image icon, and then add an image stored on your iPad or in your Google Photos.

Let me know if it works!

Dee Tillotson said...

P.S. Your pictures taken with the iPad are very clear and crisp looking. I am able to open them up full-screen, and they look even better.

Dee Tillotson said...

P.P.S. All you had to do if someone asked you about the strawberry lip balm was say that some gal ran up to you in the grocery store and gave you a great big smack on the lips! LOL

Now, concerning your new sun glasses, I have no idea why you didn't know one lens was out. But I gotta tell you I've worked with people who have done similar things. Their concentration was so intense regarding what they were doing that they didn't have a clue. Years go, Dr. Frank Jersey Ball, who was a research scientist I worked with, was so deep in reading a journal from one of his colleagues on a plane back to Charleston from New York that he didn't remember that the plane had landed in Charleston and so he went all the way to Jacksonville, FL before he noticed he had not gotten off the plane in Charleston. Now, that is intense concentration!

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the comments and I will try the advice...yes I guises I was miles away I told and showed my class last night they thought it was so funny...cheers Les...

Croft said...

The red lips will not help with your new pirate image. Just sayin....

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Funny guy! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

Dee Tillotson said...

Croft, just too funny! LOL

mexicokid said...

You are a funny bunch cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...