Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday 28th January 2015…..a birthday and a beach awaits!!!

 

IMG_2635_thumb1_thumb2_thumb1That be my Bro in the background!!!!

 

My wonderful and special sister in law is turning…whatever age…..today and I want to wish her a great birthday….she and Malc are holidaying on a cruise ship in the Caribbean for two weeks but I did call her on Saturday….she is a remarkable woman and one I admire and love!!!!!

So tomorrow I head out on my journey to the beach so most the morning getting things ready another beautiful sunny day and I went for my Spanish lesson and this time it almost felt good….I have lots of homework to do.

I went straight from there to poker and yet again in the win column 130 pesos!!!!

Came home and got cleaned up and went to my English class..this was just a great class their homework assignment was to write a paragraph about anything to do with computers and Javier brought in the following

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

This was a very touching moment because this is my mantra for life and I could tell the students were moved so I had them close their eyes and just listen as I read it very slowly to them…..I then asked Fernando to go and get 14 copies of it from the office so each one of them could have a copy and asked them to read it to their loved ones!!!!

We then played charades for chocolates!!!!!

Now home and you guessed it watching tennis..do not know how late I can stay up tonight.

I have an 8 hour drive tomorrow and hope to have internet where I am staying………..for the next few days you may refer to me as the beachkid!!!

Yashi kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...