Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday 29th January 2015…Day 1!!!!

What a mixed up night I had but only myself to blame…I watched tennis till about 11.30 last night and then went to bed but there was a game I really wanted to watch that started at 2.30am so I said to myself if I wake up then I shall watch it and if not well………

I woke up at 4am and got up and watched the end of a great men’s singles match till 6am and then went back to bed and slept till 8am..I was all packed and ready the night before so I was on the road by 8.30am…

DSC00386

There is a huge pilgrimage at this time of the year to the town of San Largos and I was close by and saw hundreds of walkers and of course brought back memories of my “little” trek in the summer in Spain!!!!

It took me just under 4 hours to get to the big city

DSC00387

of Guadalajara but easy to get through you just drive straight no turns and was through and then in to tequila country!!!

DSC00392

DSC00393

DSC00394

The plant itself!!!

Quite a few toll booths to go through…

DSC00396

and then quiet easy roads…

DSC00390

DSC00401

My destination!!!!

It was exactly 600km and 7 hours and no worries!!!!

I drove to my friends casita and had a great reunion……I have know Gail and Larry for over 35 years and even though they live in the province of British Columbia it seems I see more of them in Mexico than at their home.

After a little while I needed to get my feet wet and took my first beach walk…it had clouded over and this particular bay does not get sunsets because of the mountains but don’t worry other beaches will have them!!!!

DSC00402

DSC00409

DSC00406

DSC00407

DSC00411

Arlene and Doug are good friends with Gail and Larry and I have met them also in years gone by and they have been so kind as to extend their hospitality with a bedroom in their rental house…so we drove over late afternoon…….

My room…

DSC00413

The gang

DSC00414

DSC00415

Arlene cooked a wonderful roast pork dinner and Gail made one of her famous apple pies…

DSC00416

Am I not lucky to have such wonderful friends!!!

We had a lovely meal and then the stories began……because of my night time escapades and the one hour time difference by 9.30 I was done….so I politely said my goodnights and ready for bed…..

This is the route today!!!!

DSC00418

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...