Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday 12th July 2014......sorry lost track of dates!!!!

Sorry for shutting the blog down i fully intend to give you all a small refund on your subscription!!!
OK lets go back to Wednesday and I was in my hotel room at noon,no tea no laundry i just went straight into bed I was cold and achy and slept for two hours.
After I got up I had a long hot shower and went across the street to the supermarket and bought some OJ and came back to the room it was about 3pm and i was tired so got back into bed again remember I still have not had my TEA!!!!!
I slept till 7.30pm and thought i will just sleep a couple more hours and then go down to the lobby and watch the second semi final game from Brazil...well the thought was there but when i woke up it was 8.30am  the next morning !!!!!!! I guess I was tired.
Have decided not to think too much about what happened yesterday I will have time for that in the coming days.
At 1pm I went to the apartment I have rented for a week it will be so nice not to have to move each day so I can do some exploring and just relax.....check out the apartment!!!!





This is the view from the bedroom window looking at the cathedral!!


After i got settled in went and bought some groceries and yes you guessed it had a sleep.....Eliza is coming to town tonight so i went to wait for her as we had arranged to meet outside the Cathedral it was great to see her and even though I was not feeling full of energy it was so nice to see her again and hear all her stories over dinner.
I was back in bed by 9.30pm and slept till 9am.
Friday morning I woke up just with no energy and Eliza and I had planned to walk the city today and see the sights but I realized there was no way I could do that...she was a doll and fully understood how I felt and we said goodbye as she leaves later today.....and I did not leave the apartment all day.....

but did lots of reading out on the terrace
It is really nice here it is on the 4th floor and as you can tell by the photos just a couple of blocks away from the Cathedral...



..the owners live on the floor below and are really nice.....i did a lot of relaxing some eating which i did not do much of yesterday
answered lots of wonderful e mails and just so enjoyed not doing much of anything...evening soon came and I took a shower and that is when I realized something i had not mentioned here before...the last hostel that i stayed in about 6 days ago I got bitten by a bed bug but thought nothing of it till the shower tonight when i saw i had this ugly red welt under my arm and  then i found two more bites one on my wrist and the other on my....well let me say if any of you lady readers want to come and apply cream to my third bite i will pay your airfare!!!!!i am wondering if i had some reaction to the bite....


anyway so happy to report it is now almost midnight and i am finally feeling human again....my strength has come back......when i used to write and say how strong i felt I really meant it and even though walking all those km was tough and it was I was always feeling so good until that last day.
So the next big surprise is when I get this photo sent to me from Eliza


She obviously somehow met the two smashing American girls,yes the stick girls, and they are posing making my name...see it??????LES
This photo made my heart miss a beat that Camino doing it again. Always amazing how you meet people who know people who know someone who know cannot wait to find out how they met but what a priceless photo!!!! I shall have this one framed when I get home!!! Thank you you three girls I am proud of all of you!!!
Also received another photo today from Paula yes the one who  is banned from the blog....


this is Chris and Juan great friends from Mexico who are doing a cross Canada and States tour and they are arriving in Nova Scotia and staying with Paula and Jerry for a few days....I bet there are going to be some great parties in their house this weekend wish I could be there.
Talking of the Camino I have decided that there  will be lots of time to process how I felt when I arrived in Santiago in the weeks to come and I don't have to figure it out today.
This is a sign i saw on a bridge when i arrived...

Another good sleep and it is now saturday morning and this photo from the balcony of my apartment shows the huge indoor fresh market


and i went and spent a while there it was like being back in SMA walking between the stalls buying a little here and a little there bought some muffins some fish some chicken and a whole pile of very fresh veggies and then came home and had breakfast.
The young couple that own the apartment live one floor below and are lovely and they have invited me to go with them tomorrow in their car about a hour's drive to what they say is one of the most lovely Islands in Spain so of course i jumped at the kind offer.
I spent then most of the afternoon on  on the terrace reading this great book that is in the apartment read 200 pages today i think it is one of the best thrillers i have read in ages and check out the title!!!!!


I then set to work cooking up a storm  cannot remember the last time I shelled or is it shucked peas maybe at my Grandma Pearson or Grandma Hallgate's house



made nice meals for three days....then went for a ...wait for it..... a walk around some of the town still not wanting yet to go into the Cathedral that will come.
Came back home and had a smashing supper a long hot shower and now with ice tea and chips in hand ready to sit and watch the third and fourth teams play off Brazil V Netherlands......thanks for all your concerns and the e mails they have through this journey been a sense of encouragement to me......I am back to the normal me(is that a good thing you ask)......i am going to enjoy the next few days here blessings....
I have learned lots of things but mainly just focused on how powerful all kinds of relationships can be especially want to mention Linda and Guy and sending them Camino thoughts...
Yashi Kochi!!!

6 comments:

sylvia said...

Glad you are back and feeling better!l Love the picture of the girls!!

mexicokid said...

thanks feel great again isnt that so amazing how they would meet that Camino does have it's own way...thanks for your support where ever you are les

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better Uncle Les well done very proud of you:-) looking forward to hearing all your stories next weekend x x

mexicokid said...

Nice one with the Uncle bit I am proud to be your Uncle even tho you cab be a bit of a rebel wonder where that comes from..glad you and Daz enjoyed Canada see you in a couple of days love UNCLE les

Rick said...

Bottom line: the ladies love you - there's nothing better :-))

mexicokid said...

Thanks I wish!!!!!les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...