Friday, July 04, 2014

Friday 4th July 2014.Camino day 31!!!!

There is no easy way to say this'..'..'.''today for 36 hours I am not a pilgrim but a TV junkie!!!! I checked my route last night and decided with the distance I have to go and the time left to get to Santiago and with all the sporting events on TV the next two days a splurge was necessary on my part. So I booked a hotel room about 8km off the Camino for two nights!!!! I left this morning at 8am and whilst walking through town I was stopped three times by folks telling me I was going the wrong way.'....too funny I thanked them little did they know I was being a TV pilgrim today and the route I had mapped out was not on the Camino.... I walked 23km and it was so strange not to see one yellow arrow not one shell not one way marker!! It was a cloudy day ideal for 4 hours of road walking.. A few shots along the way This was funny as I stopped at this field the where cows were all over the other side and as soon as I stopped they all came running over I felt like Doctor Doolittle!! The town sign You know it is a good sign when there is a waterfall!!! I did a doube take here because this is Little Bluey'sthird Spanish cousin called..you guessed it..Little Bluey two!!! Arrived at the hotel it is rated as 4 stars and paid for two nights at 33 Euros a night(amazing).…… Got my milk and did the usual an then went down to the bar and watched some tennis. Unfortunately the Canadian Roanic could not duplicate what Genie did yesterday!!! Enjoyed the game then went two blocks to the supermarket and got some items for the fridge and then went next door to a burger restaurant and had a great burger and watched the first of the soccer games not very entertaining!! Now back in my room to post this then my bath and back out for the second game. This one I shall watch in the bar downstairs. What a life this is being a pilgrim!! So tomorrow the whole day off to relax and then in the afternoon I shall watch and hope to see Canadian tennis history with Genie playing and then two more soccer games do not worry Sunday morning my walking shoes go back on!!! So i now cracked the 700mark at 723km and only around 120 to go!!! Today with it being highway walking and not a lot to see and no looking for arrows my mind drifted to what it will be like for me when i arrive in Santiago to see the church and climb the steps.....as my style is now to have no expectations or to anticipate anything I do not know how I will feel i would imagine the emotions will reach boiling point. Finally I want to wish all my wonderful American friends and readers a wonderful 4th of July go to you tube and watch Kate Smith singing God bless America!!! I shall never forget in 2011 when i was on the cross country journey in Ramona I was at the ampi theater of Mount Rushmore in the evening of the 4th July and to see the presentation and all the veterans and all the pomp and ceremony and the faces under floodlights was another event that I shall always remember..... OK bath time blessings Les Things I learned today. How wonderful it is so have so many people rooting for me.....thanks. I am a sports nut!!! I am blessed. Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How you doing Eh:-) just having a nIice meal at the spaghetti factory x

mexicokid said...

Good girl your language skills are great have you been to Vancouver yet and where is Mally and Janice? blessings UNCLE les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...