Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Wednesday 8th September 2010…..facelift for Ramona!!!

Yesterday was a big day for Ramona the installation of the new 22 inch flat screen DVD and TV combo…..My friend Croft in Campbell River had offered to do the work for me…I had to think long and hard about his offer because for payment he wanted me to treat him and Norma to …wait for it…fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drove the 160 km up to C. River and Croft was waiting for me with tools in hand…he is a very talented handyman and looked at the work needed and he began by finding the way to remove the old TV.  He did find that it was secured in place with special screws the heads of which were not the normal screw heads and a special screw driver was needed, which he did not have so it required a trip to the local hard ware store for that and other parts we were going to need.

croft 012

I bought the parts and back to Croft’s car and then the realization that he had locked his keys in the car sunk in!!!!!!  No problem he said I have one taped under the car….big problem because he could not find them.  So a call to Norma and 10 minutes later she arrives with a huge smile on her face, no comment and the spare keys…a smart woman that one!!!!

So I am thinking do I want this man to work on my Ramona??  Thought I would give him a second chance….

So back to the house and with the right tools….and out came the TV…

croft 013 what a mess of wires behind there!!!

croft 016 

The old TV was huge!!!!  Must have weighed no less than 50 pounds!!!!!

So Croft got to work with measurements, adjusting, screwing, fitting, maybe one or two small curses and the new TV was fitted into place!!!  What was I doing you might ask??   Holding the light for him!!!!!

croft 017

 

The TV looks great and it is so much lighter and the arm it is on swivels and also I can just lift it off the bracket and lay it on the bed for travelling!!!

The space where the old TV was Croft took the frame and with some inventive thought and a piano hinge and magnetic strips made it into a door that swings up from the bottom.  All that is needed is for me to get some fabric to cover the front and then I have a complete new door that opens into quite a large storage area for towels and light things.

It will look really neat and the weight reduction by the removal of the old TV and the extra storage space plus the new TV  is wonderful.

Croft thank you so much!!!!   Also Norma thanks for your input on the door cover and also a lovely lunch.

We then went down to Dick’s fish and chip shop on the dock by the ferry for probably some of the best fish and chips I have ever had.

I got back to Nanaimo about 9.30pm and spent the night here and now heading down to Duncan where my friend Karen is driving down and she has offered to help clean the suite at Sara’s house with me.  Don’t I have just the best friends???

Have a great day out there…..

2 comments:

Freely Living Life said...

Fresh fish and chips AND a new flat screen TV! Does it get any better? =)

Thanks for the update!

{{hugs}}

Croft said...

It is always fun working with Les and believe it or not, he did his share! And yes, if you are ever in Campbell River, Dicks on the dock is the place to go for fish and chips!

The key incident was a little embarrassing.... I will have to get another spare cut and hidden. It is always better to have these things happen when you are by yourself and not with someone who feels it necessary to share the incident with the world! I am sure nothing like this has ever happened to Les...

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...