Monday, September 06, 2010

Monday 6th September 2010…don’t tell me

that is the end of summer!!!  As I write it is dark, cold, wet, windy and a perfect Winter morning…what a shame for the last day of the long weekend with so many families camping and trying to entertain the kids before they return to school tomorrow.

I had a lovely day in Victoria yesterday….what a vibrant city so many things happening and flooded with tourists.

I walked around downtown in the early afternoon..

vic 006 The busy China Town section.

vic 009

The Empress Hotel where Sara and I stayed one night last October.

vic 010

The inner harbour with the Parliament building in the background.

vic 015

Local artists performing…

vic 020

vic 019

I really like this photo below…. a real Limey shot!!!

vic 025

At 2.30pm I went to the very beautiful Royal theatre for my concert!!!

vic 032

vic 029

vic 030

The show was excellent and I love bands and drums and the fanfare and the tradition.  They played to a packed house and the concert was almost three hours!!!

vic 034

vic 035

vic 036

vic 037

vic 038

vic 042

After the concert I met my great friend Karen and her son Dan, who I haven’t seen for years and Karen’s partner, John…we went for a nice meal and thanks for paying for me Karen….John and Karen went to a Blues concert and I dropped Dan off at home and drove back to Duncan…..it was very cold last night and dark by 8pm..fall for sure is around the corner!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...