Saturday, May 10, 2008


On this eve of yet another Mother’s Day I would like to pay a tribute to all mothers everywhere but one special tribute to a special lady, my Mum.

She passed away on Valentine’s Day 1995 a few hours after she and my Dad returned from a six-week holiday in Portugal and this photograph my Dad took of her just a few hours before they left to come home.

To say she was a remarkable woman would be a huge understatement. Although I am just a tad biased she was without any shadow of a doubt the kindest, gentlest and loving soul I have ever met. I was so blessed to have her for my Mum and I never heard her say a disparaging remark about anyone. Always there for our extended family, a rock and someone you could always count on. I don’t think she had it easy having three males in her household and although quiet and loving she did possess the Pearson stare that could send a message so strong and so clear and she was the only woman who ever called me by my full name. On those very rare and infrequent days (yea I know that is a bit of a stretch) that I miss-behaved or laid a licking on my older but smaller brother, there was my Mum, hands on her hip and all she said was “Leslie what are you doing?” That was all it took to bring me down a peg or two.

I thank both my parents for the upbringing and values they instilled in me and my Mum was always my best friend and even though most of my adult life I was always thousands of miles away from her, we possessed a special and loving bond.

MUM I love you and miss you!!!!

A very happy Mother’s day to all Mothers reading this blog!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...