Sunday, September 16, 2007

Quite a few times on my blog I have referred to my Dad, our relationship and the kind of special man today is the day for MOTHERS!!!
My Mum passed away on Valentine’s Day, 1995, she went to bed after coming back from a 7 week holiday in Portugal with my Dad and in the morning she was gone. Even with my compassion and caring I know I would have found it so difficult to see either one of my parents suffer with illness and infirmity. My mum was the greatest lady I have ever met!!!! She was an absolute adoring wife and mother and her compassion and loving and caring attitude cannot be beaten. I have never known her to say an angry word, her smile was priceless and she was just the best Mum. On those odd occasions (OK on lots of occasions) when I mis-behaved all it took was a look and that dreaded word, ‘LESLIE” from my Mum to make me whimper, she knew I couldn’t stand being called that.!!!!!!! Well I feel especially blessed and proud to have an opportunity in later life to have been around another special woman and one who I sometimes call “Mum”. Eileen is the lady in the photo at Ken’s Birthday party last month, with the sunglasses and the BIG plate of food. She is also a special lady and is the partner of Roy, who you have read about, who is now coming up to almost two years in the Care facility here in town. Through out all the days with Roy and her own bad health Eileen has remained brave, strong, caring and kind. Today Eileen is in Williams Lake, staying with her family, as she has to have a very serious cancer operation tomorrow. I am staying in her lovely town home and wishing her love and great caring tomorrow. One of the few things that make me so cross is the attitude of some children who are not respectful and caring of their mother’s. Please keep Eileen in your thoughts today and the next few days and if you are blessed to have your Mother with you, give her a hug, tell her you love her and enjoy her, blessings…Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...