Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I went to the open ceremonies of the BC Senior games, being hosted here in Nanaimo this week. It was a very well organized event with over 3000 participants and hundreds of volunteers. These are some of the photos, the gentleman at the podium is a famous old NHL hockey player, Howie Meeker, who lives on the island. It was quite uplifting to see these hundreds of seniors some of them quite old and wobbly having the time of their lives. I imagine they will be extremely competitive and I will find out over the next three days as I am reffing some of the soccer games. The evening was warm and sunny and a nice evening.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...