Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday 25 th January 2020.....good news!!

Two weeks today my good friend June and her partner Vince arrive here to stay in my penthouse for a month.


I met June on the cruise I took from Vancouver to New Zealand five years ago..we met at the first social function and became good buddies!!


I have most of trip planned except for the two weeks I will be touring France before I go to Paris and my Airbnb for the French tennis open.


Another piece of the journey fell into place this morning.

I finish working at the Indian Wells tennis tournament on the 24 th March and then plan to slowly drive north to Nanaimo.


As most of my long time readers know I am in a house sitting site and have house sat in over 25 countries....the site that I am on sends me an email every morning and evening with new house sits....and I received a notification this morning and I saw one I liked ....the dates are perfect..28th March to 4 th April in Eugene, Oregon.....every house sit involves pets and for this sit there is one cat which is mainly an outdoor cat with a cat door and he likes to be outside.


I wrote off this morning to apply for the sit.....I have a wonderful cover letter and within thirty minutes I was contacted by the owner and was accepted!!


So that will be a lovely break in my journey and enables me to explore part of the States I do not know.


I also have another house sit late February before I start work at Indian Wells in a small south of Los Angels....this house sit has two large dogs that I shall enjoy taking care of....another added bonus for this house sit is that it is only an hours drive to Pepperdine University where Ashley is in her senior year and I have seen her schedule for tennis tournaments and she is playing in one whilst I shall be there so will get to see her play!!


Have a wonderful safe and happy weekend....


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

That's all coming together nicely! This coming year will a great tennis scene!

mexicokid said...

That is for sure thanks...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...