Friday, July 12, 2019

Friday 12 th July 2019.....semi finals!!!!

Tennis morning!!!!!

The men’s two semi finals were being played this morning but before I could sit and watch the first one I had to go and see the balloons....










These were taken from inside my casita!!!



not sure if the pilot meant to be this low!!!










What a great way to wake up....


The Wimbledon tradition of strawberries and cream was continued in my house with the cream being substituted by yogurt!!!







First match was a classic, very entertaining!!





The second was billed as the best game of the year..it was edge of your seat stuff!!!






So now we have to wait till Sunday morning to see who gets the final glory!!

This man came down the street ringing his bell....he is the knife sharpener!!



This is the house across the street where I leave my scooter overnight!!










This evening Gracie and I went to this play!!!






Interview w/cast of Deconstructing “O”

By John Wharton 

It’s the most important live theater of the summer season. Join us for a seething exploration of political correctness in a time when the nation’s morality has been tested by increased incidents of sexual harassment. Deconstructing “O” is a dynamic reimagining of a 1990’s classic play illuminated and inspired by “DACA Dreamers” and the “#MeToo” movement. We recently interviewed director Christian Baumgartner and actors Ivette Pizarro and Alan Jordan about their upcoming show:


Shelter: Ivette, what attracted you to this part?

Ivette: I feel for my character, Norma, because she's a Latin immigrant. I see a lot of Mexican deportees here in San Miguel in tragic circumstances. I can identify because my father was a Cuban immigrant and had a lot of the same traumas. 


Shelter: Why is this play relevant?

Christian: Because of what’s happening in Mexico and the world with the “#MeToo” movement, it’s more relevant than ever. Sometimes, such calls for justice are needed but other times one can be accused of sexual harassment with no proof. A famous Mexican musician just committed suicide last week because of an online accusation.


Shelter: How does this adaptation approach “#MeToo”?

Christian: The intriguing part of the script is that you can take either side—or both. It’s really up to the audience who’s right or wrong. We wanted to show how fragile that line is by showing the perspectives of the characters.


Shelter: What was the inspiration for including a “DACA Dreamer” in this adaptation?

Alan: Take a moment to think about this, that people are really living in these situations. The most important theater is involved in the real struggle of life!


CAJA NEGRA’s string of successful San Miguel productions include: Kiss of the Spider Woman, An Act of God, Wiesenthal, Building the Wall, The Tricky Part, By the Waters of Babylon, I Am My Own Wife, Diary of a Madman, House.


Deconstructing “O” starring Ivette Pzarro and Alan Jordan runs July 11 – 21. Tickets only available online at www.sheltervg4.com. “He said...She said... Who do you believe?”



It truly was a wonderful well written and acted performance and I am still thinking about the outcome and who I believe!!!


Yashi Kochi!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...