Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tuesday 25th September 2018...you guessed it. !!

Now Monday evening and still no cable guy!!!!


This morning I drove my friend Karen to the Costco store in Celaya on the way there I was stopped at a traffic check point pulled over and I showed the officer the laminated copy of my drivers licence and passport...he was not happy with that and he wanted to see my original licence which I had with me and showed him...I really do not like to hand over my original documents but had no choice he checked it out and gave it back to me and waved me on!!


This afternoon was spent sorting my stuff out and I think the casita is the way I want it.....


At 4.30pm I went to the gym and met Aaron my young Mexican trainer..I really like him and the way he is with me....it was a good one hour work out.

I know I have put on about nine pounds since I was last at the gym in April but since I have returned to SMA I have been really good about my eating habits..having mainly salads and fruit and I know I have lost three pounds in a week...still some more to go...let me say I am not on a diet just watching what I eat and the quantity.


I have thirty minutes after the gym before my English class starts and it is just across the street so I just relaxed till time for class.


Had five students tonight and I met one of my new level five students and I would like to tell you a little about her that I learned tonight.


Her name is Diane and she is one of seven children and is 41 years of age.. she is not married and lives with her parents....she is a qualified dentist but because of health reasons in her family she chooses to work for her father at his garage....her English is very good and she seems like a really great young woman.....what got to me when I asked her to come to the front of the class and talk about her family is that she lives in Delores Hildalgo which is 40 km away from SMA ..she then told me she does drive but does not like the traffic so she comes on the local bus..leaves at 4.30pm and gets home at 10pm....three days a weeks she does that...I ask you is that not total dedication???


Class was really great they are such engaging eager and fabulous students or friends as I tell them they are!!!


It is now Tuesday evening and Gracie and I have just come back from a movie and dinner!!


There is a small theatre seats about 14 and they offer a movie with a bag of popcorn and a drink for a 150 pesos...a good deal and the movie was a documentary about a sailor’s effort to circumnavigate the world solo..very enjoyable BUT not as enjoyable as the dinner..country fried chicken and mashed potatoes what made this meal all that special is that Gracie paid for it.....yes it finally happened after over a year I beat her at cards.....lets hope it is the start of a long time of dinners not paid for by me!!!


I did go to the cable company this afternoon to see if they had forgotten about me...they assured me that the men would be at my casita between 9 am and noon on Friday!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Congrats on a free dinner! The dedication of your student is awesome! Enjoy the winter over there.

mexicokid said...

Hopefully more dinners to come...yes she blew me away when she told me cheers lpđ

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...