Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tuesday 18th September 2018...forgot to mention

In my post yesterday this little incident...

Gracie and her friend Bo love cream of wheat but you cannot buy it in SMA so they asked me to bring them three boxes each...now I know cream of wheat is everywhere and think of all the stores I have been in that have sold it but I waited till my final shop at Walmart last evening to get it..no point driving cream of wheat around all over the States was my theory......

So as I am going up and down the aisles in Walmart there were two employees stocking shelves and I asked them where I could find cream of wheat?

I do not know if it was my accent or what but one of the women pulled out her I phone and searched for the product and told me sorry we do not carry cream of wheat!!!..my immediate reaction was I cannot arrive in SMA without it my life would have been miserable, maybe a slight exaggeration.....but I thought now I have to go and find another grocery store....

I continued shopping and a few minutes later this lovely Latino woman approached me with a box of cream of wheat in her hand and said sorry but I overheard your conversation and there are many boxes of cream of wheat down aisle 18 and handed me the box!!!

I just smiled at her and said that is so very kind of you and she said my pleasure!!!  This is the kind of interaction I get most days in Mexico that make me feel so humble and warms my heart!!!

So Gracie and Bo...sleep well..... wheat is on its way!!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!

1 comment:

Dee Tillotson said...

Yes, hot cream of wheat, hot grits, and hot oatmeal, a lot of people in the US south grew up on those foods for breakfast on cold mornings before they headed out to school. There is always a craving for them like having a cup of coffee or a cuppa!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...