Friday, January 23, 2009

Can you stand another “it was a great day”?….

Today was the hottest it has been since I arrived in late November, just a lovely day.

Spent one hour using this incredible modern technology to connect with my Nephew Andy, he is the brains of the Pearson clan.

We were using the computer on the Skype program so we were talking to each other as clear as anything then he took charge of the controls of my computer and fine tuned a few programs on my computer.  It is really strange to sit here and watch all the boxes appear and the mouse moving when I am not touching it and to know that Andy, 1000’s of miles away is in control.IMG_3130 Thanks Andy…..

I then spent about three hours getting everything sorted inside Ramona, now she is ready for Monday or will be after I wash her on Sunday. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon outside reading, eating, listening to music and I do believe there may even have been some sleeping going on!!

At 5pm I went downtown for my TREAT!!  I bought a gift certificate for myself for 500 pesos for a 2 hour massage.IMG_3132

IMG_3133

Even the massage money is in part going to a good cause.IMG_3134

It was a very clean and professional spa and this is what I got:   

Hot stone therapy

Full body Filipino massage

Foot exfoliation with Aromatherapy

Moisturizing Facial, hot amethyst with ozone therapy and a multi-vitamin mask

It was 2 hours of sheer relaxation and very enjoyable and I have it on good authority, well my own actually, that I look 25 years younger!!!!!!

Next on the agenda was something to eat before the concert and I found this little cafe where I had the best Belgium waffles with fresh strawberries and cream.

Now to the main Theatre where a Tribute Band was doing The Beatles.  The theatre was built in the late 1800’s and is beautiful inside, quite narrow with three balconies.

IMG_3136

The curtains opened and here were these four Mexican men singing and playing like the 4 lads from Merseyside.IMG_3137

They were very talented musicians and singers and it takes me back years as I grew up with this music.  You forget how many great hits the Beatles had. 

The Mexicans sure know how to enjoy a concert, it was fabulous.  I couldn’t help thinking about how this lovely ornate and old theatre, with murals out side, whose patrons years ago were treatedIMG_3139

to Opera, Ballet and now to people dancing in the balconiesIMG_3144 singing and just having a great time.

It was a fitting end to yet another of my incredible days in SMA…….wishing my readers a very happy weekend.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...