Monday, March 07, 2022

Monday 7 th March 2022…first shift!!!

 I was at Indian Wells by 9 am I am totally amazed at the amount of work that the owners put into this competition all the organization and commitment and it goes like clock work so well planned!


I found my court for the day and my little corner where I use the chain to keep the public out when play is in motion…..







Beautiful weather and everyone happy and soaking up the tennis…I get a lot of opportunities to watch the games and the stadium I was on today had three matches and as luck would have it all involved a British woman!!!


Caron is also working at the tournament in the gift shop and she stopped by and took the photos for me…


This story just blows me away and proves what a very small world it is…..


So there I am on duty with my chain across keeping patrons out and the woman next to me looks at me and then stares at me and says to me….The soccer guy!!!


I look at her with a blank expression and then she says……you reffed my daughters college soccer games….


If my expression before was blank I don’t know what my next expression was……..she then said to me….you play tennis and worked at the Granary restaurant….


I said who are you and she told me she lives in Nanaimo and knows all about me…..you have to realize it is 16 years since I retired and left that life behind..what a coincidence..a shame I did not have time to talk to her but she sure brightened my day!!!


It was a great first day and after work I went to Carons and Stellas again and we went and played pickle ball!!!


Now I am heading for a long soak in the tub!!


Stay  Safe And Healthy !!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...