Thursday, January 20, 2022

Thursday 20 th January 2022…Andy!!!!

 A very special, moving and sad celebration of Andy’s life took place this morning in his home town in England.

The  service was conducted by his Uncle and all my family were in attendance…..I was hugely disappointed I could not be there with my family but the service was recorded and I will be able to watch it within the next two days!!





Andy was 46 years old and his heart was huge and he touched everyone he came into contact with I shall never forget when he had just finished university he came to visit me in Canada for nine weeks……on his first morning with me I woke up and he was not in the house…..oh no I thought I have lost my nephew how shall I explain this to Janet and  Malc……


I got dressed and went looking for him and found him at my neighbors house having coffee in the garage with Mel, who is blind, they were talking up a storm….I knew then I did not have to worry about him!!


Andy was brave and strong as he struggled with his illness and he will always be loved and missed!!


I send special blessings to my family and I am going to celebrate his life by hiking to my favorite canyon hike and give thanks for having Andy as a part of my life……


These are shots from my hike this afternoon….it was my way of honoring Andy and celebrating his life…

















This is my favorite hike and I listened to music on my new phone and enjoyed the solitude and peaceful surroundings…..


Love you Andy, Rest In Peace now kiddo!!!!


Uncle Big les!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter and Shelagh said...

A very lovely way to remember and celebrate him. Cheers, Shelagh

mexicokid said...

Thank you so much blessings les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...