Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday 24 th September 2021....delivery day!!

Friday is delivery day and with Lynne still away
I recruited my great friends Teri and Mike to come help shop for the fresh fruit and veggies and then we met up with Reyes and went out to the campo Morelos.







We have not been out for three weeks because the roads were impassable so the villagers were very happy to see






We delivered 30 boxes of essential food and fresh produce and also we get many donations of clothing so each family get a little of each...
The lovely old lady in the photo wasted no time in putting her beautiful shawl around her shoulders and was thrilled when I told her how bonita she looked.




Teri and Mike were a huge help......



The little girl is standing on the new patio of their home where we delivered two bags of cement last visit.



Our last stop we had a line up........
















The photo with the family with the wheel barrow is of the family that live out by the dumpsters in Los Rodriguez ......



Everyone was happy to get some little treats and food and we are beginning to learn their names and the kids always give us high fives!!
A humbling and inspiring day!!

Maybe I took a wrong turn on the way home...



Many thanks to all who donate money and clothing and other items perhaps you might recognize some of your clothes being handed out.
This evening I met with my young student Vanessa..this time we did something different..I had to pick up a couple of donations so I took her with me and she met two couples with different accents and she was totally comfortably meeting new people.....
Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...