Sunday, May 16, 2021

Sunday 16 th May 2021...a sporty day!

This morning it was still gloomy and grey outside but not cold....Caron made a lovely breakfast for John and I and then we went down to the tennis club!!


How did we get there you may ask???


This mode of transportation......









I have not been on a bike for years it was fun...


the club





set in some magnificent grounds...








the courts are really nicely laid out ..





and Caron had two of her friends played and we had two hours of great tennis which Caron and her partner Rob were victorious ...





It was lovely to see these fine horses but there was no polo game taking place.





My favourite Jacaranda tree









The bike ride back was a bit tough but a great soak in the tub when I got back soothed my old body.


Remember I told you that Stella is Ashley’s Grandmother and Caron her Aunt ....well we all sat glued to the TV and Stella came over this afternoon as Ashley and her team mates were in Florida playing in the round of sixteen NCCA tennis tournament ...


It was riveting tennis and Pepperdine moved on to the last 8 and play again on Wednesday.....


After the game we all went down to the SB hatch club, where John has his boat moored and walked around the inner harbour and then John treated us to dinner at the Yacht club.....it was lovely..thank you so much....








Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!


2 comments:

Peter and Shelagh said...

Seen Harry and Meghan yet!!!!

mexicokid said...

They invited me for tea..but way too busy....les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...