Saturday, November 02, 2019

Saturday 2nd November 2019...a long post!!

I start this long post with sad news of the very sudden 

and unexpected death of my long time great friend and tennis partner, Carolyn.





She had been unwell for over two months and unable to play tennis and had been to different doctors here in town and was due for a full MRI scan on Monday.


I saw her on Wednesday when I gave her a small birthday gift and she left the next day to attend a family funeral in Tulsa.....


Kirsten, her daughter contacted me last night to tell me her Mum suffered a massive heart attack and was not expected to last the night and Carolyn passed away in the early hours of the morning.


This is the weekend called Day of Dead here in Mexico when they celebrate life and make altars to the passed family members...so last night I bought some flowers and made a small altar for Carolyn....she was a huge tennis fan..the medal is the tennis tournament we won a couple of months ago..and her favourite New Zealand mud soap....I sent this to Kirsten!!





I shall miss her she had been a very special friend to me for over ten years we had done some amazing trips together...rest in peace Carolyn!!


Yesterday morning it went with my friend Daryl and his lovely wife Peggy to the small village in the mountains where I order 465 soccer balls for the Three Kings toy drive....they will deliver the balls to me a week before Christmas!

This is the press they use to cut out the designs for the balls.





Last night was the tribute to children that have died and I went into town and here are some photos...



















The fireworks represent the children’s souls being sent to heaven!!





On the way home in the dark I had a nasty scare..I ran over a rock I did not see and very nearly came off the scooter but managed to stay on but the rear tire was shredded and I think maybe more damage.....I was close to home and managed to push it up the big hill and park it in the neighbours yard where I always do.


With it being a holiday weekend I am going to leave it there and deal with it on Monday.


This morning I got up early and walked to where my car is parked and then drove to tennis....one of the guys I play with Loren, has know Carolyn longer than me and we both said a special hello to her on the court where we have played together for ten years.


I came home and did some chores and emails, called my brother who with Janet and Andy are leaving for Spain to for a weeks holiday!!


I then walked down to the main cemetery and took these amazing photos...

























This one is special my good buddy, Linda’s husband..bought some flowers and said a little prayer for him!!





I don’t know how anyone can disparage these Mexican people they are so kind and lovely and friendly and certainly know how to celebrate life and death!


Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend blessings les


Yashi Kochi!

4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. May Carolyn rest in peace...

mexicokid said...

Thanks I know she will best wishes les

Sondra said...

So sorry for the loss of your vibrant and beautiful friend.

Here's a link:
https://www.hbmfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Carolyn-Palmer-6/

mexicokid said...

Thanks. Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...