Saturday, September 21, 2019

Saturday 21 st September 2019...key issue solved!!!

had a great two hours of tennis this morning before I went at noon to meet the lock smith guy.....


I had arranged to meet him on a street corner close to where my car is and as I approached I wondered how long I would have to wait!!!


Two minutes later he showed up in his truck...we drove to the car and he got to work....


I really cannot tell you what he did but he inserted some form of key to my lock and then was using his phone and then he went to his truck and pulled out some form of key cutter machine with lots of lights and codes......


He entered some information and the key began automatically to get cut.....


This took quite a while then he came to the car hooked up two different sets of wires to the car and to his computer and spent a long time downloading information.


He apologized to me saying that getting the correct chip seemed to be a bit of a problem....


Anyway just over two hours later he handed me the key which worked just fine everywhere..so I was happy.


I think the price 2300 pesos for what he did was a bargain!!!


Have a great weekend!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

gumo said...

Here in Texas that new key would have cost you over $500. You got a great deal. Maybe the lost key will still turn up.

mexicokid said...

Yes thanks I knew it was a good price..I hope so but I think it is in a road cover somewhere cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...