Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday 15th May 2018....Day 40!!!

Gracie and I said our sad farewells this morning and she was off to her first Spanish class and I got to the car and drove to Madrid airport I must tell you I like the GPS I punched in the destination without tolls and saved about 20 💶 on the drive back...took a little time to find the right place to drop off the car but went without a hitch and I was checking in for my flight by 11.30 am and it was a 3 pm departure which left on time and an uneventful two hour flight...









My credit card was compromised a few weeks ago but because I am travelling they allowed me to keep it just for purchases that I make in person none by the internet or machines and then four days ago I called the bank cancelled the card and they are sending my new card to England and I know it has already arrived...


I realized by reading my train ticket that I need the card to get the ticket from the automated machines at the train station at Gatwick ..a couple of days ago I called the company and got on live chat with a representative....this is not really live chat but live texting the lady was friendly and I explained the situation and she said there is nothing she could do and hopefully there will be a live person at the station that can help..the ticket is only 12 pounds and I fully expected to have to buy another ticket but luckily I was able to find a person to help and it went smoothly..the train ride was 40 minutes 









and at the station my lovely friend Anne was there waiting for me with her car.


We were high school sweethearts and lost touch for over 50 years and connected again on my last trip home when she accidentally found my blog.


My room....









I am staying here till Friday when I take the train to Janet and a Malc’s....


Unfortunately there was a problem in the area with internet last night so unable to post this blog last night.


Yashi Kochi!!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...