Friday, June 26, 2009

Thursday 25th June 2009…..an easy day

I have been fighting a bit of a cold but feel like I am winning the battle and should be fine for my games this weekend.

Had a great sleep last night and this morning drove through the mountains first in fog

Day 2 001

then in sunshine.

Day 2 004

I arrived around noon at this quaint townDay 2 006 Day 2 009

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The town reminds me of an Austrian village and the buildings are very lovely.

Day 2 012

Day 2 011

There is a hiking trail that runs along the river and I spent a very pleasant hour on the trail.

Day 2 013

Day 2 019

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Day 2 014

Day 2 015

I then left the mountains and trees and passed through many orchards and then onto the Yakima Canyon.Day 2 026

A very beautiful drive

Day 2 025

I wanted to spend the night along this road but only found one spot and it was just too close to the highway so I drove into Yakima and I am now settled in the parking lot at Wal-Mart.  The store is open 24 hours and it is a huge store.  There are about 6 other motor homes parked for the night….so time for that tea and movie…

This will be my last post till I get back home on Monday as I shall be parked at the soccer field all weekend and will not have Internet access.

So I wish you a safe and happy weekend……Pura Vida!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...