Sunday, July 27, 2008

Don’t mess with the KID!!

Scan0037

I remember this punch like it was yesterday….sadly to say now,  I broke Dave Cart’s nose with this overhand right.

The year was 1973 at the Bermuda Police Annual fight night.  This was my first and last fight.  As you can tell from the spectators the evening was based on the English fight club, where the patrons had to wear tuxedos, could only drink champange and only smoke cigars. 

I had always wanted to fight, to experience the event and this was the year.  I remember being introduced into the ring, lacing up the gloves thinking what the heck am I doing here???

The fight was a blur I do remember getting hit hard in the face and that frightened me, but I had trained hard and was able to come away with the victory.  My hands and arms were so tired and heavy and my Mum never forgave me for doing this!!!!!!

The things you do when you are young and care free.Scan0015

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...