Saturday, July 24, 2021

Saturday 24 th July 2021...happy memories from one year ago!!


Saturday, July 25, 2020

Saturday 25th July 2020..Day 159!!

Part of my morning chores is to water the front and rear gardens and as you can see Kilo is a huge help to me!!!





This is so funny to watch and to hear the loud clatter of his teeth as he snaps away at the water!!


A beautiful sunny hot weekend ahead and I picked out another hike called Cascade falls in Coquitlam.


When I arrived at the trail head it was in an urban area and just no where to park and lots of people going down the trail....I really should have gone to Plan B but instead I found a parking spot a ways away and walked back to the trail.


Walking the trail I realized another reason why it was so popular it was a very flat easy walk of about 2 km to the falls....this is not the kind of hiking I enjoy......









To be honest the falls were not the most impressive that I have seen this week....












 I did hike up the bank and found a nice quiet spot away from the clouds and had my lunch.



.


On the way back is where the excitement happened......I was only thinking the other day all these hikes I have taken in the last four months most of them out in the wilderness and I have near seen a bear or a cougar....


I walked around this corner..





and there was the black bear cub on the trail!!!!





This photo is from the Internet..I did not get a chance to take one....


I immediately stopped and slowly baked away and the cub ran off into the trees.....I never did see Momma Bear......shortly after other hikers came in the other direction and I continued on!!


Spent the later afternoon reading and being lazy on the lounge chair in the back yard.


Atlas decided to join me..





A quiet evening in store for me....I have started watching Homeland on Netflix and really like the first three episodes!!


Stay safe and healthy!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...