Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Wednesday 21st April 2021.....feels good to be vaccinated!!

I did have some discomfort in  my arm last

night so I took two Tylenol before I went to bed and slept like a baby and no problems this morning.


I had a very easy day doing lots of paper work and planning for my up coming trip.


I have encountered what may be a small issue with the car but will try to resolve it over the next couple of days.


This afternoon I took Frida out and who did we bump into but Paola, she was on her lunch break and sitting doing some texting.

With a mask on I did not recognize her but as we passed she said hello Les....





Funny I have not seen her in almost two years and then I see her twice in a few days....we talked a little and it was good to see her again.


I reached out to my students from my last class last year and offered if any of them wanted to meet on the steps of San Antonio church at 6 pm tonight so we can just talk....it was great to see Martha and Patty and we are hoping to have more show up next week.





They sat and we just talked the hour went by so quickly and it was so good to see them both I sure have missed my students!!


This is an important day for us tea drinking British folks!!


HISTORY OF NATIONAL TEA DAY

National Tea Day is more than simply a holiday. It’s a movement providing opportunities for future generations of tea drinkers to understand and appreciate the world of tea. Founded in 2016, the date of April 21 was chosen because it is also Queen Elizabeth’s birthday! Could the day be any more British?

It’s relatively common knowledge that we have the Chinese to thank for tea, but it was actually a Portugese woman named Catherine of Braganza who popularized the beverage in England. In 1662, Catherine married King Charles II. Her dowry included several crates of loose leaf tea, which she continued drinking every day in the U.K. The royal court quickly adopted the tea-drinking process, including aristocrats.  

While the goal of National Tea Day is to inspire the world to drink more tea and to drink it throughout the year, we can’t help but immediately think of the famous British afternoon tea. “Tea” can be both a drink and a meal. The Duchess of Bedford, Anna Russell, introduced afternoon tea during the late 1840’s out of her hunger pains between the two daily meals at the time, which she shared with friends. 












Many forms of tea exist around the world. Green tea is popular in countries such as China and Japan, whereas South Asian countries often prepare ‘chai’ with spices, boiled in both milk and water. There is even a pink tea, commonly known as ‘Kashmiri tea,’ served in many parts of the Himaylan regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan during the winter months at weddings. In the UK, the perfect British cuppa is usually served as a variety of black tea with boiling water and a little milk.    

Henry James, author and nominee for a Nobel Prize in Literature, once said, “There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.” National Tea Day celebrates the world’s second favorite drink — only to water — so heavily stemmed in everyday culture so each of us can learn and revel in its drinking experience! 


I like these..









Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...